Professional liability insurance protects the provider of health care services and physicians from financial impacts of professional malpractice.
It is designed for:
- all providers of health care services /the law stipulates the obligation to negotiate insurance/
It relates to:
- coverage of cases when the insured is obliged to compensate for harm caused by killing, detriment to health and other property damage arising therefrom, especially lost earnings and lost profit
- if personal injury insurance is negotiated, this covers compensation for injury caused by unauthorized violation of the right of a natural person to protection of personal rights.
Scope of claims for compensation for injury to health:
- compensation for pain and suffering
- aggravation of one's social position
- other non-material damage
- lost earnings over the period of incapacity for work
- mental hardship on the family of the injured party not only in case of death, but especially also serious damage to health
- lost earnings after the period of incapacity for work, so-called income
- costs related to health care
- funeral costs
- subrogation of health insurance companies
The insurer also pays:
- costs for court proceedings that the insured is obliged to pay
- compensation of defense costs in criminal proceedings
Besides professional liability insurance we can also insure:
- medical devices and electronics
Ask us. We would be happy to provide you with more information.